Re: MiTAC 6020+ laptop case

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 21:15:08 AKDT

* Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net> [2004-05-18 18:39 -0800]:
> I've had excellent luck with eBay getting replacement/upgrade parts
> for my IBM Thinkpad 600. Never heard if MiTAC, so parts may not be as
> readily available as some of the more common brands, but you can
> usually get plastic parts, stripped systems, or systems with a bad LCD
> for cheap, and the case is usually just fine.

Well, I've been searching on ebay but have had no luck. I'll keep
looking, but I'm thinking that I'll turn these grapes into wine.
Looking at a hard shell samsonite briefcase that came up on one of the
(more generic) searches, I think I may go for discarding the case
altogether.

Hrmmm... If I design this right, the briefcase will act as the case, and
I'll only have to drill two holes. ;] Maybe even add a handcuff so that
I can chain it to my wrist (ooooo... secret agent-like even)!

Have to think and do a little creative design here. To give more info,
this will be acting as my home mail/web/news server when I get over to
Germany, as my Celery 466 will be staying here with a friend of mine
(allowing uninterrupted service... in theory).

If I end up doing this mod, I'll definitely bring it by one of the
Friday meetings.

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]