Re: Connectivity test : Let me get this straight a second...

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 07:25:40 AKDT

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Adam Bultman wrote:

> I work from home all day. I stream music, I download ISO images, I have
> SCP sessions running, I have SSH running all day. I don't want to find
> out that I'm 50 GB over some month and find out I own them a ton of money.
>
> If anyone can shed light - or maybe tell me about how ACS 768/128 is,
> I'd like to know.
>
> Just FYI, right now I have ~3 Mbit down/256k up (420kbytes/sec by 28
> kbytes/sec) for 60 bucks a month (45 if I had cable TV). For 2.4
> Mbit/256 on gci, I'm soaked 170...

To be perfectly honest, here in Anchorage you just aren't going to find a
deal even remotely close to what you've already got. I know that I, for
one, would kill to have that kind of bandwidth for that kind of money.

You'll probably just have to take a hard look your bandwith usage and cut
back on what's not work-related. Barring that, be prepared to pay more.

Mike