Re: Program??

From: James Zuelow <e5z8652@zuelow.net>
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 17:56:48 AKDT

On Thu, 13 May 2004 16:05:58 +0000
Jason Benshoof <jason.benshoof@harpoondodger.com> wrote:

> Yast is a good system management tool, and I suspect it will get even better
> once it is GPL'd. If I recall correctly, you should use it to install and
> remove rpm's on a Suse box. Since I converted to Slackware, I've found
> slapt-get and swaret to be better package management tools.
>
> Jason

IIRC Novell GPL'd YaST2 last month. The YaST2 version with SuSE 7.3 made me swear off SuSE - I didn't try it again until I found myself working with SuSE 9.0 at work. The 9.0 version of YaST2 is better by leaps & bounds - the interface is the same, but it isn't so quick to trash config files!

Cheers,

James