RE: aklug Digest V3 #96

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us>
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 07:09:53 AKDT

I ended up pre-loading my mouse driver modules (psmouse, usbmouse) in
/etc/modules.autoload/kernel-2.6 (I think that's the name)

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 09:44:39 GMT
Subject: gentoo 2.6.5 kernel=20
From: irish0red@juno.com

Hey Everyone,
I am having problems when I update my kernel from 2.4.24 to 2.6.5 and
when I first got gentoo running I had to end up taking the module from
the cd to get the mouse working. Now when I updated to 2.6.5 I don't
know what to do cause I am having the same mouse problems, and I don't
think I can take the module from the cd since it is for the 2.4.24
kernel, can I? My reasoning for upgrading to 2.6.5 is to get my ntfs
storage drives writable in linux. If anyone can help me with this i
would greatly appreciate it. I have a Logitech opitcal usbmouse a asus
a7n8x-e deluxe. Thanks, Grant Gamblin Gentoo 2004