[OT] Dead USB key

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 13:15:00 AKDT

Has anyone on the list dealt with recovering data from a dead USB key?
If so, I could use some help with that. I have a PNY Attache 256MB USB
key that stopped working as I sat down to back it up. The data on the
key took about 1.5 months to generate, and I know that I should have
backed up the data prior to today.

I've already checked on data recovery services, and they'd be out of my
price range. However, I haven't checked any local services of that
type.

I've tried the device on 8 different computers, with no luck even
getting the system to recognize that a USB device has been attached.

So, any suggestions? Or do I start typing (well, I'll start typing
again just in case :)?

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]