Re: Switching to Open Office

From: Tim Jordan <timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us>
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 05:57:18 AKDT

Just got word yesterday that a pilot project (OO vs MSOffice [for state
employees]) is in the works. Details are minimal as of now - I think
there looking at who will run the work group.
I've been asked to configure a handful of linux boxes which need to
authenticate against the state's LDAP server. At least thats the
scenerio for the moment....this may change as the LDAP server dictates
no permissions within each departments domain... I'm already *dreaming*
of moving away from Active Directory and into an enterprise OpenLDAP
solution.

I've enjoyed reading the responses from the list. If you or a company
that you know runs OpenOffice I would love to hear from them.

Thanks for the article Andy!
Let the fun begin...
TJ