Re: Proftpd users

From: Joshua Kugler <jk@as.uaf.edu>
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 12:18:01 AKDT

Really? I just tried it on my box, and it worked fine. Hostname if it could,
IP if it couldn't.

[root@deuel /home/joshua]# proftpd -v
 - ProFTPD Version 1.2.8
[root@deuel /home/joshua]#

This is on Mandrake 9.1.

j----- k-----

On Friday 16 April 2004 02:25 pm, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I just discovered that Proftpd doesn't log IPs in utmp like it should (for
> those of you using it, try doing a 'last -i' and note what it logs in the
> IP field).
>
> I've got a patch tested against Linux kernel 2.4. & Proftpd 1.2.9 that
> works for me. Can anyone here test against 2.2 or 2.6 kernels on your
> distro of choice and see if it works for you?
>
> Patch:
> http://www.digitalmages.com/patches/3rd-party/proftpd-utmp_ip_linux.patch
>
> --Arthur Corliss
> Bolverk's Lair -- http://arthur.corlissfamily.org/
> Digital Mages -- http://www.digitalmages.com/
> "Live Free or Die, the Only Way to Live" -- NH State Motto

Joshua Kugler
Assistant Systems Administrator
UAF Department of Mathematical Sciences
UAF LUG President