Re: Distro question

From: Tim Jordan <timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us>
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 07:19:23 AKDT

Stephen, my two cents:
I personally would keep them away from a commercial linux product. If
they are your clients you will want to keep them that way. Providing
free software solutions from distros like Mandrake, Fedora, and others
you are able to offer "Free" software and sell your support. You don't
want your clients calling Xandros! Keep the money in Alaska.

I'm not saying there is no place for commercial products in business or
home computing.

I have setup users with very basic computer skills on Mandrake. If they
can email, write letters, do the family budget, share docuements, surf
the web, print and so forth they are happy. Not to mention the
interface is just a pleasing to the eye as XP.

TJ