Re: Recycling a Laptop

From: William Laxson <wlaxson1@corecom.net>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 19:22:33 AKDT

I successfully removed a bad notebook display at work by cutting
everything off at the hinges and ensuring that no ribbon cable stubs had
shorted connections. We continue to use the PC with external monitor as
a very compact tech shop maintenance PC.

 From what I've read about notebook displays, I doubt that the signals
sent from the body to the display are in any standard SVGA form.

W. Laxson