Burning CD's from nautilus

From: Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 19:38:11 AKST

Since I use Fedora, it comes standard with nautilus which will assist in
burning new CD's. All I have to do is put the CD-R or CD-RW in the
drive and a screen will pop up with this URL:

burn:///

If I copy files to this windows, then press the "Write these files to
the CD" button. It writes it out!

Additionally, if I am using CD-RW, I can tell it to Erase the CD before
hand. Here are a couple things that I have learned:

1. Uncheck the option that let's you save the image to create a second
CD....unless of course you are going to be burning multiple copies of
whatever it is you are burning.

2. Make sure you edit the description field to your liking...otherwise
you get something like "Personal Data <today's date>"

3. I had to select 1x speed instead of maximum. I believe it is because
the CD-RW media I am using is 1x-4x media. Can anyone confirm that? If
I don't my system uses speed=16 when blanking the disk, which then
causes me problems.

At first I was blowing through CD-R media, but decided I needed to learn
how to make the CD-RW media work for me.....so, hope others find this
usefull.

Mike

--
Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>