Re: mandrake 10 and MandrakeUpdate

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 18:49:50 AKST

On Thursday 01 April 2004 10:45 am, Tim Jordan wrote:
> Can we use MandrakeUpdate w/Community 10?
> Once I used easyurpmi to configure my urpmi but I have had very little
> luck with both my 9.2 and 10.0 box when running MandrakeUpdate. There
> is always a problem about:
>
> Unable to add meduim...
> .....retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 9 or
> signal 0
> retrieval of source hdlist failed
> no hdlist file found for meduim "update_source"

I've had problems with 9.2 and 9.1 of mdkupdate. What I usually end up doing is removing the old
update source with the "Software Media Manager", then I run to this site http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php#third
and use the shell to add the new source. Or, I just start up mdkupdate with the old source already removed, mdkupdate then
finds a new source on it's own. I always get this

> retrieval of source hdlist failed
> no hdlist file found for meduim "update_source"
                trying alternative sources

nonsense after I update, but checking /var/log/messages I always see that the updates have been installed; I
just call it a bug. Kinda like drakesec, in my opinion, draksec & msec are really crappy, I remove those right after install
and add my own tweaks (much better than what mdk has come up with, msec yuk!)

Try the site http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php#third, use the shell, see if that helps.

hope that helps,

bests,
eddie