Re: Setting up a Wiki

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 08:23:57 AKST

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Justin Dieters wrote:

> I know I've been sitting on it for a long time, because of school. The
> new server is ready to go, except for the calendar - it either needs
> Arthur's calendar set up (The MySQL stuff is where I am having
> difficulty there), or go with a different calendar, something like webcal.

The calendar AKLUG is currently using should have the source code printed,
drug out into the woods, shot, burned, and have the ashes scattered in at
least four different states. Get rid of it. I wrote that kludge probably
seven years ago when I knew jack and should have been slapped with it. I've
never updated it and have no plans to do so.

Furthermore, odds are there are a lot more PHP nuts on this list than mod_perl
nuts, and you'll probably end up using PHP apps, anyway. I see no reason to
embed both mod_perl & PHP in Apache (now *there's* a process I'd like to have
fork on a regular basis :-P). Choose your engine, then choose/write the apps
for that engine.

        --Arthur Corliss