Fetchmail and hanging

From: Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 16:26:03 AKST

I think I have narrowed it down, however, I don't like the solution.

In my fetchmail rc I am using the 'flush' directive. In itself, this is
OK, however when this directive is set, it uses the TOP command of the
POP3 protocol to download the message. For whatever reason...which I am
still trying to figure out, it will just hang.

If I then run fetchmail with the --all command line switch, fetchmail
will use the RETR command of the POP3 protocol. This resolves the
hanging and give this error:

 MDA returned nonzero status 65

I haven't yet been able to figure out what this error means exactly (I
am using sendmail), but on the next go-round of my cron job, fetchmail
will nicely skip this message and move on.

So I might make a separate fetchmailrc that contains the 'fetchall'
directive and have it run every once in a while.

I would like to figure out what the error above means though...anyone
out there have ideas? Is there a list somewhere of all the errors?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Mike

BTW, this problem didn't crop up until AT&T went to the Maillenium
server. So you may not notice this problem with other mail servers.

--
Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>