Re: Windows Messenger

From: Alan C. <random@artificiallives.com>
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 23:17:25 AKST

I'm a fan of CenterICQ for my instant message needs.
http://www.centericq.de is a website where you can find current info on
it. It is console only so it isn't as wonderful looking as some IM's but
it has served me well for several years now. MSN came back into official
support recently. One advantage of using a console based messenger is as
long as I can get SSH back to my home server I can always get to my full
contact list without any software installation on client machines (other
than grabbing putty off the web on windows desktops). It does ICQ, MSN,
AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, IRC, etc.. At almost any given time there is an
obscure protocol or two on their way in or out of support it seems :^).
-Alan ---------------------------- From: Tom Wade <tomwade@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:17:40 -0900 On Sat, 2004-03-13 at 15:16, Paul

Along with Gaim and Kopete, I like SIM http://sim-icq.sourceforge.net Yes, it does more than just MSN.