Alpha Linux

From: Michael Kiker <ksa@gci.net>
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 17:05:29 AKST

To All,
I have an AlphaStation 425 that I have been trying to get Redhat Linux on without success. It came to me with the SRM console installed and I was able to boot from a floppy with Redhat 5.1. I then decided that I wanted to be able to dual boot Windows NT and replaced the SRM console with the ARC console. I can now boot Windows NT but not Linux. I tried every version of MILO I could find with Redhat 5.1, 5.2 and 7.1 with no luck. I have tried to return to the SRM console with no luck either.

It's been a year since I've tried but I'm going to give a try again soon. I was just wondering if there are any Alpha experts out there that might be able to help with this.

I used to do some OSF1 sys admin years ago but have moved out of that into DBA work lately, so my sys admin skills are a little rusty.

Thanks,
Mike Kiker