running in Frame Buffer mode

Subject: running in Frame Buffer mode
jonr@destar.net
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 07:49:48 AKST

Hello all, I am attempting to run in framebuffer mode on rh9. I keep
getting the error:
 [fbdev2] Can't open /dev/fb0: No such device
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

I have a built-in Intel810 chipset for video and I have the the
framebuffer device installed in the kernel, I also have /dev/fb0 in my
/dev directory.

I have noticed the XFree86-FBDev-<version> rpm floating around but I can
only find it for rh6,7 and 8. Do I need to mknod for this to work and if
so, how exactly is that done? The Major/Minor numbers always confuse me
and it has been almost 2 years since I had to do this.

Jon