Re: funky

Subject: Re: funky
From: Matthew Dunaway (fert@eagle.ptialaska.net)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 21:47:14 AKST

W.D.McKinney wrote:
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 19:26, captgoodnight@acsalaska.net[1] wrote: On
Wednesday 25 February 2004 07:18 pm, captgoodnight@acsalaska.net[2] wrote:
OnWednesday 25 February 2004 07:49 am, jsw@wadell.org[3] wrote: Mathew,
Please keep us posted on your use of the software after you have it
installed. I have several hundred vinyl records that I need to rip. I would
particularly be interested in whether you can get individual tracks, vs
sides, and whether you can do any filtering for surface noise, etc. (Sorry
some of you are too young to remember what a pain it was to try to keep a
record clean!) Jim --------- To unsubscribe, send email to
tracks and sides. Any filtering you can think of, here's a list of aud=
io=20filtering, what they call "attaching effects".=20 Compressor Delay
audioDe-noise DenoiseFFT Despike EQ Parametic =46reeverb Gain Heroine
CollegeConcert Hall Invert Audio Pitch Shift Soundlevel Spectrogram
Synthesizer more here and there somewhere.=20 And of course; cut, paste, add
tracks, 2-4-6 speaker, avi,mp3,mov,ogg,wav..= =2E=20 Add machines together
for single job kinda stuff too. Oh, list goes on.=20 Tip: Usually for audio,
I'll record a really long stream (100+ minutes), tw= eak=20 it and then lay
it down as a single large mp3 file.=20 =46rom here, I use mp3splt (
http://freshmeat.net/projects/mp3splt/[5] ) to ch= op=20 the large edited
mp3file into smaller tracks/files. You'll find that setti= ng=20 up multiple
tracks in cinelerra isn't too time efficient, it works well, ju= st=20 takes
way too long for something so simple.=20 Cassette records and single file
edits are common cinelerra jobs for me. Hope that makes sense, little tired,
bests, eddie --------- To unsubscribe, send email to
doesanybody know why the =20 nonsense is in my messages? Kinda spooky ;|
normally use KMail (sending this using Mozilla) and I don't have the =20 at
the end of each line. Anybody know why? I didn't change anything, I just use
the defaults.

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:captgoodnight@acsalaska.net
   2 mailto:captgoodnight@acsalaska.net