Re: Cinelarria Install

Subject: Re: Cinelarria Install
captgoodnight@acsalaska.net
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 19:18:27 AKST

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 07:49 am, jsw@wadell.org wrote:
> Mathew,
>
> Please keep us posted on your use of the software after you have it
> installed. I have several hundred vinyl records that I need to rip. I
> would particularly be interested in whether you can get individual tracks,
> vs sides, and whether you can do any filtering for surface noise, etc.
> (Sorry some of you are too young to remember what a pain it was to try to
> keep a record clean!)
>
> Jim

Both tracks and sides. Any filtering you can think of, here's a list of aud=
io=20
filtering, what they call "attaching effects".=20

Compressor
Delay audio
De-noise
DenoiseFFT
Despike
EQ Parametic
=46reeverb
Gain
Heroine College Concert Hall
Invert Audio
Pitch Shift
Soundlevel
Spectrogram
Synthesizer
more here and there somewhere.=20

And of course; cut, paste, add tracks, 2-4-6 speaker, avi,mp3,mov,ogg,wav..=
=2E=20
Add machines together for single job kinda stuff too. Oh, list goes on.=20

Tip: Usually for audio, I'll record a really long stream (100+ minutes), tw=
eak=20
it and then lay it down as a single large mp3 file.=20
=46rom here, I use mp3splt ( http://freshmeat.net/projects/mp3splt/ ) to ch=
op=20
the large edited mp3 file into smaller tracks/files. You'll find that setti=
ng=20
up multiple tracks in cinelerra isn't too time efficient, it works well, ju=
st=20
takes way too long for something so simple.=20

Cassette records and single file edits are common cinelerra jobs for me.

 Hope that makes sense, little tired,

bests,
eddie