RE: Friday Night Project

Subject: RE: Friday Night Project
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 11:53:20 AKST

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tim Jordan [mailto:timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us]
  Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 8:44 AM
  To: aklug@aklug.org; Jon Reynolds
  Subject: Friday Night Project

  Jon, I was thinking about the following design for the test bed:

      W2K AD PDC--------------W2K3------------SAMBA3-----------------------OpenLdap1-------------Openldap2
             | | | |

  The W2K PDC should run network services (dhcp,wins,dns,..). Windows 2003 could be a file & print server, this way we can test clients against both MS server platforms. I was thinking we should go Debian testing on the Samba & Ldap servers. I know Samba 3 is in testing and 2.0.23 of Openldap. If time permits I would be interested in getting replication between the two Ldap servers working.

  Tim

  Tim,

  I have win2k Server and I beleive I have a copy of NT4 workstation but I don't have a win2k3 disc. If you want to test that you will have to bring a copy we could throw on one of the machines. I will have the images ready, hopefully, before tonights meeting. I will leave the setup of the w2k pdc to you as my windows server skillz are not so good.

  Jon