Re: Multiple php.ini files

Subject: Re: Multiple php.ini files
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 18:13:38 AKST

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Barsalou wrote:

> Anyone know how to make a php.ini file specific to a particular app? I
> need a specific php.ini setting for one app and the exact opposite for
> the other.
>
> How do I do that?
>
> I looked around but couldn't find anything...probably asking the wrong
> question.

Mike, I haven't seen any other answers posted yet, so I'll throw out what
I can.

I was testing a new version of apache with an alphabet soup of modules, so
I set it up to run on a different port, with a new version of php
installed in a different location, and the two versions of php coexisted
just fine.

In a nutshell, I just compiled one version of php with
PREFIX=/usr/local/php and another with PREFIX=/usr/local/php-test.

Hopefully that's what you're looking for...
Mike