Re: Linux On the PowerPC

Subject: Re: Linux On the PowerPC
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 18:35:30 AKST

I have an old 8100/80 power mac (nubus) running mklinux for years now
its based on redhat 5.1 Its stable, likes my old scsi devices and Makes
one hell of a X term from any of my other linux boxes.

OT: I used to have it setup where it would connect to an X86 box with
vmware installed, and would run win2k in vmware from the X86 box and
would freak out the microserfs when they saw a Mac 17 inch monitor on a
ADB keyboard and mouse, on and 80 mhz power pc chip Running 2k in almost
full screen at 1024x768 X win :)

Shortpier
On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 14:59, W.D.McKinney wrote:
> Might want to try this on some of you Macs eh ?
>
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-pmac.html?ca=dgr-lnxw01LinuxMac
>
> Have fun!
>
> Dee

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part