Re: apt-get sources.list

Subject: Re: apt-get sources.list
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 12:53:22 AKST

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 11:09, Tim Jordan wrote:
> I'm new to apt-get....
>
> We have a Debian stable server that I would like to:
>
> 1. Automatically install security updates daily.
> 2. Automatically download any upgrades without installing.
> (apt-get -d -y apt-get upgrade)
>

> #2 is in my crontab now, no problems.
> Insight anyone?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

This line in your sources.list will get you the security stuff. To
install this automatically eliminate the dowload only option from your
cron. The only packages that will be downloaded anyway are from security
unless you ask for a new package to be installed.

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.
Phone: 907-276-0461