Re: File backup question

Subject: Re: File backup question
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 05:49:33 AKST

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:47:03 -0900
Bob Crosby <bob@estimations.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to concatenate path and filename?
>
> (Or maybe make some better suggestions than the whole approach I'm
> taking...?)

Most (all?) of your questions can be answered here:

http://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/index.html

If you're on a dialup link, the pdf is about 450k. If you're starting to write bash scripts, I highly recommend you spend some time reading the ABSG. If you just need to throw something together quickly, there are many examples and it is easy to search the guide.

Cheers,

James