UPS question

Subject: UPS question
From: Lee Ross (leeross@gci.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 00:54:03 AKST

Hi,

The only relation my UPS has to Linux is it keeps my box running with
clean power. If this is not too far off topic, I'd like to know how the
UPS reacts to an ungrounded system. Is the filter still effective to power
spikes? I know when we have a brown-out or a surge, my UPS will switch
over to battery backup because I've seen it react that way in the past. I
seem to be getting real decent power and have gone through some real bad
wind storms where the power was surging and browning out but nary a
flicker to my monitor.

Some people have said the filters do not work correctly if the house
wiring is not grounded. True or not?

--
Lee Ross
Anchorage, Alaska