more port 113

Subject: more port 113
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 19:25:03 AKST

It seems my Netgear Fvs318 can either stealth port 113(ident) or have it
open, there is not an option for 'closed' (as there is in Ipcop). Is
there any security risk running an open port 113.? All other ports are
stealthed. AFIAKT When I open port 113 it is forwarded to my internal
net (192,168,0,xxx). I do not want any outside access to my internal
network, but I am unsure if Ident needs to be forwarded or if the
firewall should be handling this service.

TIA

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.