RE: spoofing smtp?

Subject: RE: spoofing smtp?
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 00:19:09 AKST

I've been getting those too periodically. Got 1 today with my address
spoofed as the sender. It had a .pif based virus as an attachment. It =
and
another almost identical 1 with the spoofed address of a former AKLUG =
member
lead me to believe that it may be that someone on the list has a virus.

I don't thinks it's me as I have my ISP's spam filter turned on which =
has
virus filtering in it, an the only Windows box on my home network also =
has
virus checking. Both periodically have trapped viruses, so I'm pretty =
sure
I'm clean.=20

Jim