Re: opinions on Window Managers please

Subject: Re: opinions on Window Managers please
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 18:16:52 AKST

Well, with Gentoo, if you just 'emerge fluxbox' it should add it into
the gdm list autmatically (it looks like mine did).

Personally, I just boot to the console, and then type startx, and I have
my ~/.xinitrc set up to start fluxbox.

Otherwise, try going to /etc/X11/Sessions or /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions (on
mine the latter is just a link to the former) and add a script called
'fluxbox' that just executes '/usr/bin/fluxbox' (or wherever it's installed)

Justin