Re: Captive NTFS Read System

Subject: Re: Captive NTFS Read System
From: Joshua Kugler (jk@as.uaf.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 11:12:10 AKST

On Sunday 07 December 2003 05:46 pm, Tim Johnson wrote:
> And to conclude, I emailed him back to say (as far as I know) win4lin
> is sort of a wine-styled API, but Jamie H might want to step in
> here, 'cuz I believe he's pretty familiar with vmware.

Win4Lin is really neither Wine nor VMWare. It provides a virtual DOS
environment (kind of) in which Windows 9x/ME can run. It does not provide a
"ground up" virtual machine like VMWare, nor does it "emulate" windows. You
actually install a full version of windows under Win4Lin, and it runs a
windows session, under which you run applications.

--
Joshua Kugler
Assistant Systems Administrator