RE: History

Subject: RE: History
From: Leif Sawyer (lsawyer@gci.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 13:19:38 AKST

jsw .@. wadell -dot- org writes:

> Bit of history you might find interesting
>
> From: torvalds@klaava.Helsinki.FI (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
> Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
> Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?
> Date: 25 Aug 91 20:57:08 GMT

Heh. I remember this post. I was working at UAA, and playing
around with ultrix at time, and was looking for something for
home use. I started looking at minix, but as I was a poor
UAA student-employee, I wanted something cheaper.

I started looking at it, and playing around with it on my 386/25
posting my first message in 1992 to the COLA newsgroup, and picked
up my first distro (yggdrasil 0.98.pl3-23) 10/27/92

Crazy how far it's come since then.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s