RH9 KDE problems

Subject: RH9 KDE problems
From: Peter Q. Olsson (olsson@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 27 2003 - 15:50:44 AKST

All-

I recently upgraded a box at home from RH8 -> RH9. Now all of KDE is broken.
I cannot spawn a KDE session (not that I usually do anyway) and all of the
KDE apps (the one I am after is kppp) seg fault. When trying to spawn a kde
session, I get an error message about not being able to run kdeinit, before I
am returned to the login screen.

So, two issues. 1) is there a gnome equivalent to kppp (gui for ppp) and 2)
has anyone else run into this problem with an 8 -> 9 upgrade, and if so, have
you found a fix.

I re-installed/upgraded ALL of the kde, gnome, and X packages (these latter
for different reasons) but that did not solve the problem.

Clues for the clueless...?

PQO

HAPPY NEW YEAR