mysql error

Subject: mysql error
From: Graham Siebe (gsiebe@alaskalife.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 22:30:28 AKST

it's suse 9.0. I did a clean re-install (to rule out anything I might
have done), then added the "simple Apache2 server" group (it includes
mysql). Now it does this:

gsiebe@linux:~> mysql
ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

I git similar error messages from mysqlcc and phpmyadmin. Any ideas?
I'll try to make it by Friday night also.

I've tried to install a new rpm from mysql.com and that didn't change
anything (although I can't be 100% sure I did it right).