Re: network traffic graphs

Subject: Re: network traffic graphs
jgribbin@alaska.net
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 15:35:17 AKST

gkrellm and most other X-based network monitors that I'm aware of aren't intended to use X on the server, but on a seperate monitoring system.

I know in the case of gkrellm there is a daemon that runs on the server and gives info to the monitoring system. One of the tools for ipcop I was just reading up on gets it's info by reading ipcop's logs over the network connection and nothing extra actually runs on the ipcop box to enable it other than possibly modifying the normal logging schedule.

Jim