RE: Cold Computer

Subject: RE: Cold Computer
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 08:49:48 AKST

I've been thinking about this too as I need to carry a laptop with me =
more
now and a couple of options I've thought of are:

Leave the laptop on standby so that=92s using a little battery power and
getting a vehicle charging connection. I figure that inside an insulated
case, this would probably help keep it from chilling too much.

A somewhat more expensive possibility would be to get one of these =
remote
starters for my car that start the car automatically every hour or so =
for 10
minutes.

I haven't worried about it too much so far as I've rarely left it for =
more
than an hour at any particular time and inside it's padded (insulated) =
case
it doesn't seem to get that cold.

Jim