Re: Found problem?

Subject: Re: Found problem?
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 08:28:17 AKST

Well, that wasn't my original problem, but I suppose it's my (new) problem now.

I thought I might be on some open proxy lists for having my Apache proxy open, but as for sendmail, my relay-domains file restricts my relay domains to localhost, and a handful of local IP's (192.168 series)

Of course, with the Apache proxy being open, there is an exploit where they can send spam via the http proxy, and sendmail will think it's coming from localhost, and relay it.

Can you send me some links where to look? Is it possible to get un-listed from these lists? Is there a way to request to be removed, or do they do regular tests of the IP's, and remove IP's if they are fixed?

Thanks for the heads-up,
Justin

Boy am I a dumb-ass. I just now actually read this thread from the
beginning and realize this is what you were having trouble with.

Please disregard my previous email.

<insert foot in mouth>

Scott