Re: Found problem?

Subject: Re: Found problem?
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 20:30:16 AKST

Apache has a "redirect" option Also Iptables has a redirect option. I
have used both in the past to enable DMZ type services IE pass a
external port into a novell Groupwise server Webmail server, Novell auth
services for TCP/IP etc (other uses I have doone are Games, Speakfreely,
dialpad etc. For web based stuff I have found apache's redirect to be
the best IE they request a url and it autoredirects to SSL etc.

Shortpier
On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 13:37, Andy Firman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:43:45AM -0900, Justin Dieters wrote:
> >
> > Yeah. I stopped the proxy stuff - I was expecting Apache to simply start
> > drop the requests, or throw them into the error log, but instead it
> > keeps responding to them with 404 messagse, which threw me off at
>
> I had ProxyRequests "on" as well. I thought it was necessary for
> for my ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse rules. My apache forwards
> requests for http://www.firman.us to the Zope Zserver which is
> running on port 8080. After doing some reading I found that:
>
> "ProxyRequests directive: This allows or prevents Apache
> from functioning as a forward proxy server. Setting ProxyRequests to 'off'
> does not disable use of the ProxyPass directive. Warning: Do not
> enable proxying until you have secured your server. Open proxy servers are
> dangerous both to your network and to the Internet at large."
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyrequests
>
> So I turned off the ProxyPass and all is well.
> Glad this discussion came up.
>
> Andy

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part