Re: Problems with Sendmail

Subject: Re: Problems with Sendmail
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 06:46:46 AKST

YEP ....
Its why the old wingate software was so much fun for crackers.. IT did
not do a src check....

On the sendmail prob that started this all it would not have done any
good on the mail server (only had 1 interface I believe) It was located
in the "DMZ" that is what you mean by the "Orange" interface right?
(correct me if Im wrong guys I dont run smoothwall I just use mandrake
9.1 (customized Very far from stock) and (with a Very Customized
version of shorewall). My mail server and firewall are the same
machines so My rules check that if a 192.168.X.X packets comes in It has
to be on eth0 only not on eth1 or on a pppX interface IE src IP must
match the interface IP and can not come from the internal routing
table. The only caveat I have to that rule is I have a VPN running to a
client and it does accept packets from his subnet as long as they come
in on tunX. Anything else it Drops like an old girlfriend who is
stalking you........

This make it any clearer is my Weird way....?

Shortpier

--

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part