help with gentoo and modprobe

Subject: help with gentoo and modprobe
From: Tim Jordan (timothy_jordan@labor.state.ak.us)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 11:49:01 AKST

Installing Gentoo1.4 - stage3

Well this is the problem that pushed me to rebuild my gentoo box. I have modprobe: errors all over the place!

The install was going great. I rebooted everything came up great..no errors.

Then in part 26 of the install guide:
" After rebooting, it is a good idea to run the modules-update command to create the /etc/modules.conf.

Once I did that I started seeing errors:

modprobe: can't locate modules : /dev/apm_bios
etc....
etc...
etc...

The error repeats for everything it can't find. So is there a way to fix this without having go back through the install again?

Thanks,
Tim