Re: what's wrong with my sendmail?

Subject: Re: what's wrong with my sendmail?
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 21:50:20 AKST

David J. Weller-Fahy wrote:
> Do you have a rule within sendmail that allows any 192.168.0.* machine
> to relay? If so, try adding all the individual IP addresses of all the
> machines on your network EXCEPT the smoothwall box, and remove that
> rule. Or let only localhost relay, and see if that helps.

Yes, it was set to localhost and 192.168.*.*. I have since changed it
to localhost only though. Since I have turned off my httpd (see my
"Found Problem?" message) I am going to have to reenable relaying. I
only have two machines that need to relay, so I will try what you said -
just put their addresses instead of a whole subnet.

> Oh, another thing: What smoothwall version are you running? Don't know
> if that'll matter, just curious. ;]

It was Smoothwall GPL 1.0 with all the patches applied. I was having
problems though, so today I replaced it with IPcop 1.3 with all the
patches applied. (I have been having problems with smoothwall for a while)

Thanks for the reply,
Justin