Re: VNC server

Subject: Re: VNC server
From: Mehran (cf680@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 03:50:24 AKST

I've been using it for a while. If you've alredy
install it, then go to a shell command and type
vncserver
you'll be asked to enter a password and re-type the
password for verification. Then you'll see "New "X"
desktop is "whatever:1" after that the default
startup script is created in your home directory ./vnc
folder. You can change that base on your
needs(./xstartup). Now the server is up and running.
Go to another machine and fire up a viewr type in the
name of the host by ip address or name and the desktop
number. our case is whatever:1, my case 192.168.2.2:1
you'll be asked for a password, enter the pass and it
should work.
cheers