Fedora and up2date

Subject: Fedora and up2date
From: Barsalou (barjunk@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 21:37:01 AKST

Personally I have never used up2date...since I have found apt I haven't
needed it.

Fedora is supporting and recommending using apt and provides and apt
depository as well as mirrors. This is a great thing. For example...if
the fedora group decides to go ahead and provide version 3 of samba for
example, then all you would have to do is:

apt-get install samba

This would download samba and any dependencies.

Apt is a wonderful thing!

Folks should poke around the old fedora site as well. The maintainer
seems to be right on top of it.

This might actually turn out to be a great thing for us RedHat users
that don't require support from RedHat.

Mike

--
Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>