Pilot working

Subject: Pilot working
From: Barsalou (barjunk@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 21:28:58 AKST

Can anyone confirm for me that you definately have to ensure that the
rights to /dev/ttyS0 or where ever your pilot is plugged into have to
have rw? It makes sense that it does....interestingly enough I had to
make myself a user of the uucp group or I could have changed all the
settings on the /dev/ttyS* files to give myself access.

The /dev/usb/ttyUSB entries had my user as the owner and root as the
group....don't really get that. Could have happened during initial
install.

Thanks.

Mike

--