Re: Fedora Core 1

Subject: Re: Fedora Core 1
From: Jamie Hushower (hushower@alaska-geeks.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 15:38:17 AKST

It does appear to be back. I have downloaded the ISO of the first disk
just to see if an upgrade option is presented. It is. I was offered the
opportunity to upgrade from Redhat 9.0.

I am also led to believe that the Fedora ISO set I downloaded (Severn)
really is a temporary, unstable version. The installation manager let me
know that this version is a "pre-release". Just a few minutes ago, I
noticed that the ISO set on the Redhat mirrors is now named "Yarrow". I
am downloading to see if it is reported as a pre-release as well.

It appears that the major change is that up2date is not an available
service. I can't find any mention of a continuance or a similar service
under Fedora. However, if the promise to put out Fedora sets 2 or 3
times a year is kept, I can handle manual critical updates.

-Jamie

--
Jamie Hushower
Computer Consultant