Re: Redhat (gentoo)?

Subject: Re: Redhat (gentoo)?
From: minion (minion@mtaonline.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 10:13:28 AKST

Question. RH SuSe Mandrake have the easiest interface for windo$e folk
to use. It's been a looong time since I've played with any of the
others. I wholy agree that RH et.al is really ticking me off. They
seem to have lost the whole concept of open source. Which of the
alternative distro's could be used in a business environment where every
one knows windo$e of some ilk and few, if any, have a clue as to setup
or changes to be made in anything else? This is the smaller net where
the "pointy haired boss" has designated one of the secrataries as
Sys-admin to be done in her spare time. With the statement "No I don't
want no stinkin' support".

david

Mac Mason wrote:

>Gentoo uses a chroot environment to build itself from the ground up; if
>you have partitions on your drive available, you can build gentoo by
>installing it on one of those partitions and chrooting into it from your
>RH install, build, set it up, then modify your grub/lilo to let you pick
>which one you want. If /home is its own partition, you could even share
>it between the two distros...
>
>Once again; forums.gentoo.org is the source of all knowledge in the
>universe.
>
>~Mac~
>
>---------

Conference, n.:
	A special meeting in which the boss gathers subordinates to hear
	what they have to say, so long as it doesn't conflict with what
	he's already decided to do.