Re: recording music

Subject: Re: recording music
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 16:37:19 AKST

When making audio CD's, the size of the files doesn't matter, it is the actual playing time of the audio.

You could make them a smaller file by making them mono, or reducing the sample rate, but again, if you are planning on making audio CD's, this won't help you, and it will affect sound quality.

If you want to reduce them in size to put on a data CD (i.e. just as storage or as an mp3-CD) then 160 or 192kbs mp3 or ogg format is a pretty good trade-off of file size and sound quality. If you want better sound, you can do a 320kbs mp3, but this will take more space (2x more than a 160kbs file).

Justin