Mandrake 9.2

Subject: Mandrake 9.2
From: Neil Moomey (neil@neilmoomey.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 22:11:55 AKST

I purchased Mandrake 9.2 and at Friday's meeting and Lee put a copy on
the server. So far I'm impressed with it. Way better than Redhat 9 in
terms of functionality and driver support. I love the way system
utilities can remember the root password using wrappers. My CF card
reader was detected, auto mounted, and works great which it did not with
Red Hat. Mandrake did crash a couple times, or something did, maybe KDE
not sure, so It's too early to come to a conclusion. Also, I still
can't get my HP7350 printer to print photos from GIMP. Had the same
problem with RH too. Overall I'd say Mandrake makes a better desktop
than RedHat. Has anyone tried SuSE 9?

Neil