Re: browsing root's files in Konqueror as user

Subject: Re: browsing root's files in Konqueror as user
From: Jim Dory (jdory@gci.net)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 22:17:34 AKDT

W.D. McKinney wrote:

>Hi Jim,
>
>Hope you are well, been awhile since we spoke. I use
>'xhost +' as user and then su to root. (Yes, I'm behind a firewall :-)
>
>Dee

Hi Dee, thanks for the note.

I tried xhost + and it returned 'access control disabled, clients can
connect from any host". Then su to root and it says cannot connect when
I try konqueror.

I also tried 'xhost +local:root' and it returned "non-network local
connections being added to access control list" but get the same cannot
connect when su to root. (I've been doing the 'su -' or otherwise I get
an unknown command under root when I try konqueror.)

This is at home on my little network behind a router (nat) but no
firewall to speak of. Should I worry?

Lots to learn yet.

cheers, JD