Re: off-sites backups

Subject: Re: off-sites backups
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 12:12:29 AKDT

Where I worked with 2 it staff 80 wks 2 novell servers , 1 nt, 2 linux
we used 7 days tapes, 3 week cycle that, total 21 or so tapes. We moved
each week to a diffent building on Monday AM

Shortpier
On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 13:49, Fielder George Dowding wrote:

> Greetings Chris,
>
> I have been associated with the Mabel T. Caverly Senior Center (mtc) in a
> member and volunteer capacity for more than five years. No provision has
> been made for off-site backup. Their back-up was to tape drives -
> internal pc. IMMHO, this was a very shaky situation. There was little
> understanding of what files needed backing up and how to do a regular
> back-up. What with bigger harddisks, files are copied at will, and
> except for the one application that seemingly is backed-up regularly,
> there is no backup.
>
> Cheerio! fgd.
>
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 12:17:07PM -0800, Chris Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone, I'm doing some research for a school project and was hoping
> > that I could get an idea of how small organizations (those without an IT
> > staff, or a with a very small IT staff) are performing off-site backups (if
> > they are doing them at all).
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Chris Hamilton
> >

> > ---------

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar -- -- File: signature.asc -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part