usb hub makes floppy act up

Subject: usb hub makes floppy act up
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 20:32:55 AKDT

I am having a strange problem with RedHat 9. Whenever I plug in my USB
2.0 hub, my system starts trying to access my floppy drives. First the
3.5 light comes on for a second, then the 5.25 comes on for a second,
and then they are off for a few seconds, then they come on again.

Looking around at '/var/log/messages', 'top', and 'ps ax', it appears
that when I plug in my hub, '/etc/hotplug/usb.agent' starts up and in
turn runs '/sbin/devlabel', and one or the other is causing the problem.

Anyone know where to look - config files or whatnot?

Thanks,
Justin