Re: Making DVD movies

Subject: Re: Making DVD movies
From: shortpier (shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 18:02:57 AKDT

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 05:21, Barsalou wrote:
> So has anyone on the list successfully made a DVD movie that is
> currently on the AKLUG Maillist?
>
> I am interested in your success and what programs you might have used.
>
> I found a few good sites on the internet, but haven't found anything
> clear and concise from which to follow.
>
> There is a ton more for me to learn about the different DVD formats ,
> etc.
>
> Mike

Mike,

i have a nec 1300a dvd+-rw drive I use DVDbackup to backup vobfiles,
mkisofs -dvd-video to make the binary image, I then use dvdrecord to
burn -r (there is another program to burn +r)

if my backup needs to be split to 2 disks I use a windows program called
dvdfab under wine to extract/split.

I also use a windows program on my 2 gig p4 laptop called dvd-shrink to
recompress a dvd-9 to a dvd-5 (I cant tell the difrence between the
dvd-shrink dvd-5 and the dvd-9 original) I have not tried dvd-shirnk
under wine yet as my main linux box is dual p3 500's :)

If you cant tell this takes up to 30 GIGS of hd space to to this all.

Hope this helps

Shortpier

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part