Re: Re:

Subject: Re: Re:
From: W.D. McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 07:57:54 AKDT

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 07:47, Joe Dintzner wrote:
> Cable modem at Jewel Lake and Dimond. Very very slow.

As a disclaimer, I am not on a cable modem at my office. Many cable
modem customers have expressed frustration at the service recently to me
personally. GCI strives to provide good service on this topology but
physics cannot be overcome. At the end of the day, if you are on a
segment that is being "worked on" or one with "many" users, it will be
slow.

The typical complaint I hear is "dog slow" or "like molasses" :-(

Leif is one who is most helpful or even Chris Erickson and I trust they
can jump in help even more.

Regards,
Dee

--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)	    | Affordable E-Mail and Internet Solutions
Alaska Wireless Systems	    | for Schools, Libraries, Clinics & Business'